Wow, where have I been? Was watching a baseball game on TV last night and an ad for Clark+Kensington paint, an Ace Hardware exclusive, came up. A new line based on, yes, OPI nail polish! I am not kidding. This is not a three-months-late April Fool’s joke.
Read the press release here. The most interesting part to me is that there will be three collections of six shades each. Sounds just like a regular nail polish set release!
The OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington will launch with three collections comprised of six iconic OPI shades each, for a total of 18 new paint colors. Each of the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington collections will also offer five coordinating Clark+Kensington colors, providing additional inspiration for homeowners.
- The Artist – For the Original, Inspired, Spirited & Charming
- Featuring OPI’s Keeping Suzi at Bay, Miami Beet, Don’t Touch My Tutu!, Gargantuan Green Grape, Samoan Sand and I Eat Mainely Lobster
- Clark+Kensington pairings include So Sophisticated N-C17, Boutique Chic 06D-1, Let’s Have a Party 32B-5, Designer White 1066 and Star Anise N-W32
- The Wild Heart – For the Fresh, Daring, Dynamic & Chic
- Featuring OPI’s Can’t Find My Czechbook, Black Onyx, My Pointe Exactly, Do You Lilac It?, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Vant to Bite My Neck?
- Clark+Kensington pairings include Lavender Bliss 41B-2, Cymbidium Orchid 23C-5, Late Night Serenade N-C21, Silent White CW-C1 and Fashion Fix 01C-6
- The Romantic – For the Sophisticated, Confident, Iconic & Glam
- Featuring OPI’s OPI Red, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, My Very First Knockwurst, Chick Flick Cherry, My Vampire is Buff and Over the Taupe.
- Clark+Kensington pairings include Garden Stone N-C10, Swaying Palm Trees 25B-7, Natural White CW-W1, Crazy in Love 06C-1 and Wisdom of the Ages 25B-5
If you’re absolutely crazy about any of these OPI colors, now you can paint your kitchen, living room, bathroom, or other mom cave in that very same shade. Wow. See the line of paint, colors, and ideas HERE.
Although this is rather gimmicky, I think it’s interesting. And let’s not forget financially smart, too, because if you wanted to paint your walls with nail polish, that’d take a lot of bottles. Let’s see, OPI polish is usually $9 for a half-ounce bottle. That would be a price of $2,304 a gallon. I suspect the Clark+Kensington paint is significantly cheaper than that!