Yes. Yes, it is.
Nevertheless, so I won’t get left in other bloggers’ dust, I have news of an upcoming Holiday 2014 polish set from OPI and Gwen Stefani. You may remember that they collaborated this past year. I never bought any of the polishes but was quite tempted by the satin silvery gold called Love.Angel.Music.Baby. aka “L.A.M.B.”
Info about a new and larger set is being circulated and many sites have the photos and descriptions, plus they’re up for preorder on at least one e-tailer called Nails Ave.com . So although summer is just starting, let’s look!
- F01 – Just BeClaus – This magnificent maroon came into my life just in the “nick” of time.
- F02 – Kiss Me – Or Elf! – There’s no denying the allure of this amorous red violet.
- F03 – I Carol About You – I just fa-la-la-la-love this deep royal purple!
- F04 – Christmas Gone Plaid – I sure am plaid I found this tree-mendous forest green.
- F05 – In a Holidaze – I’m dizzy-in-love with this maroon beauty.
- F06 – Love is Hot & Coal! – Turn the heat up with this deep grayish-brown.
- F07 – Fashion a Bow – So busy ‒ all tied-up today loving this bright reddish-orange!
- F08 – Cinnamon Sweet – Sugar and spice…this deep, warm red is everything nice.
- F09 – What’s Your Point-settia? – So what if I think this is the one truly perfect holiday red?
- F10 – Red Fingers & Mistletoes – This smooch-worthy red shimmer is holiday-perfect.
- F11 – First Class Desires – This mélange of gold and eggplant shimmer is #1 on my wish list.
- F12 – Sleigh Parking Only – Tell the valet to take good care of this exclusive dark burgundy.
- F13 — Rollin’ in Cashmere
- F14 — Unfrost my Heart
- F15 — I’ll Tinsel You In
- F16 — Snow Globetrotter
- F17 — Comet in the Sky
- F18 — So Elegant
(official descriptions unavailable at this time, but you can see for yourself)
My overall impression is that there are too many reds, but that’s typical for holiday sets. I personally would prefer to see fewer shades of red and more innovation but at least there’s a forest green, Christmas Gone Plaid. I do think the four glitter toppers, F15 – F18, look really interesting. Maybe not totally different from what’s out there, but a fun addition to a holiday set.
Actually, after studying the lacquers a bit more, the red-violet of Kiss Me – Or Elf! looks beautiful and the description of First Class Desires, a mix of “gold and eggplant shimmer” has me intrigued. Guess that’s what marketing is for!
Release date not yet announced.