In late August I mentioned Essie’s winter collection, Shearling Darling:
Now news of a very blingy, glittery holiday set is emerging called Encrusted Treasures. It seems to fit with the blue/silver/white color palettes that we’re seeing from other companies such as Zoya and Color Club.
In that photo the silvers look rather similar, but here are closeup pictures that show more differences.
The silvers strike me as something where you might pick your favorite instead of being compelled to get the whole set. However, there do appear to be different finishes such as matte vs. shiny. Official (I think) names and descriptions:
- Belugaria: Holographic jet black lace
- Peak of Chic: Alpine white holographic rainbow fringe
- On A Silver Platter: Pearlescent gold with holographic violet glitter
- Lots of Lux: Shimmering lapis lazuli with a superfine matte finish
- Ignite The Night: Sparkling hematite with a superfine matte finish
- Hors d’Oeuvres: Platinum gold with iridescent silver glitter
Although I read this set wasn’t due out to the public ’til November (SRP $8.00 U.S.), I’ve found quite a few bloggers with complete swatches. Ommorphia Beauty Bar has swatched them all. And so has Liner & Glitter & Gloss. And so has I’m a Beauty Geek. I think it’s always great to see swatches from several different people if you can.
Not a fan of the chunky black nor the heavy white bar glitter. The latter looks like coconut frosting on cake. The silver glitters you can see and judge for yourself, and I think the blue is pretty but I have similar polishes already from Zoya.